Saturday, March 12, 2011

National Genealogy Day

Today (March 12) is Genealogy Day, a nationally recognized day to research your family's history and heritage. I wish I had the time to sit down and do some of my own genealogy today, but I have about a hundred things to do, and none of them involve family research. Instead, I put together a list of some of my favorite blog posts regarding my personally genealogy, as well as a list of articles I have written to help you in your own family history research pursuits.

My Favorite Blog Posts
  • The Second Great American Local Poem And Song Genealogy Challenge (October 15, 2010) A poem written by my great-grandmother, Elizabeth (Beard) Baker
  • Gamble/McKillop Irish Immigrants (October 16,2010) Help me solve the mystery of this elusive family.
  • From Hobby to Business: My Great-Grandfather's Talent for Woodworking (November 7, 2010)
  • Those Places Thursday: Panton, Vermont (November 25, 2010)

    Articles to Help You With Your Genealogy
    These articles have all been written by me

  • Beginning Genealogy
  • Free Genealogy Websites
  • More Free Genealogy Websites
  • Types of Genealogy Charts
  • Breaking Down Genealogical Walls with Cluster Research
  • Variations in Surname Spellings
  • Using Cemeteries to Conduct Genealogical Research (PDF)
  • Glossary of Genealogy Terms
  • African American Genealogy
  • Hiring a Professional Genealogist
  •